Lake County Divorce Attorney
If you are considering filing for divorce or are already a party to a divorce proceeding, you want an aggressive, yet controlled, attorney to protect your interests. At the Law Office of Justin Rickman, we combine those attributes to provide legal counsel that meets your needs.
We understand that your interests can often be served by working cooperatively with opposing counsel. When doing so is in your best interests, we will seek mutually beneficial agreements through negotiation or mediation. However, when opposing counsel or your ex-spouse is unreasonable, we are not afraid to take your case to trial to get the outcome you want.
We take a straightforward approach, keeping you fully informed of all developments in your case, as well as your options. We will provide you with a realistic assessment of your chances of success, so that you always know where you stand.
Our Divorce Practice
We work with men and women at any stage of a divorce proceeding, from the initial complaint through trial and post-judgment requests for modification or enforcement of final divorce decrees. We handle all matters related to or arising out of divorce, including:
- Child custody and visitation: We will help you put together and put in place custody and visitation arrangements that are in the best interests of your minor children. We will also seek solutions that protect your rights as a parent.
- Child support: We will carefully review all proposed child support orders for compliance with Florida guidelines and to make certain all income is included in the calculation.
- Alimony or spousal support: We will help you determine whether alimony is warranted and, if so, how much should be paid and for how long.
- Division of marital property: We will work with you to divide the debts and assets of your marriage, including real and personal property, financial accounts, retirement funds and business interests.
- Domestic violence: We will help you protect your rights in civil as well as criminal proceedings related to allegations of domestic violence.
- Injunctions: Sometimes personal or family safety is a continuing issue. We help clients file and enforce injunctions (also known as restraining orders).
We work with clients from all walks of life, from corporate professionals to schoolteachers to tattoo artists.
Contact the Law Office of Justin Rickman
At our office, every client receives a free initial consultation. To arrange a private meeting, contact our office online or call us at (352) 394-2041.